Senior Consultant - Catapult Systems
I believe that good Information Technology is transparent; it's only when you hit a pothole that you notice a road's quality. As much as we IT folks like to think that Systems Management is about the next new gizmo, standards, uptime or throughput, it isn't. This job is about people and how technology intersects with their lives. With proactive planning and resources, customers and employees should receive the tools, services and training when and where they need it without breaking momentum. This keeps them productive and focused on the business at hand.
History of successfully managing people and resources to achieve extraordinary goals
- Managed a project team responsible for deploying, providing training and migrating content to an enterprise level public facing SharePoint 2010 web content and document management system. The 18 month project launched on time and on budget.
- Served as project manager and scoped a merge of all HR information systems across six units into a unified Intranet presence that connected various enterprise source systems including Oracle PeopleSoft, custom databases and vendor specific web systems.
- Organized project management activities for fulltime staff and student workers on hundreds of IT projects and improvements.
- Transitioned a fun side venture in the outdoor sporting goods realm into a successful business with global impact.
Radically renovated and updated IT infrastructure
- Deployed an enterprise grade, high availability and high performance SharePoint 2010/2013 farm for Internet, Intranet and Extranet functionality.
- Performed a complete SharePoint re-branding through CSS, ASP.Net and JQuery to create a unitied brand/identity that matched the University's various web platforms such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- Virtualized and managed 50+ Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012 Servers, 70+ Windows 7 workstations across multiple data centers.
- Created a continuous backup and recovery system capable of handling site outages while maintaining uptime and profoundly reducing our potential for data loss.
- Deployed Virtual Desktop Infrastructure using Wyse thin/zero clients as well as other competing technologies.
- Administered High Availability Server Clusters including HyperV, VMWare and MS SQL Servers.
- Performed and collaborated with security team audits on private and restricted data relating to SOX, PCI and HIPAA data and implemented all technical changes in architecture and solution management.
- Created significant licensing and IT labor efficiencies through deployment of System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM), Configurations Manager (SCCM), Operations Manager (SCOM) and Virtual Machine Manager and Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Generated significant systems automation including zero touch systems deployment, baseline configuration enforcement and role-based customizations through PowerShell, SCCM, VMM, GPO, custom scripting and other technologies.
- Created a robust Storage Area Network for system virtualization with complex multipath network redundancy and multisite backups using ISCSI.
- Oversaw or managed multiple data center premises including video and intrusion detection security, uninterruptable power systems and networking hardware including collocation in high security disaster recovery centers.
Devoted to better enabling employees and customers to do business
- Supported 24x7 high availability multi-site and cloud-sourced operations and where appropriate deployed cost-effective changes to minimize risk of downtime.
- Created and implemented a technology and evaluation plan, which not only reduced liability concernss and received nation-wide recognition, but directly lead to an increase in our customer base by better accomodating student's with disabilities.
- Oversaw all staff technology training to support a university of 19,000 students.
- Worked with outside vendors to architect and install numerous smartrooms and interactive training systems to directly enable telepresence employment interviews as well as providing telecommuting options for employees.
- Served as security chair to develop and implement BYOD accommodations that still retain our private data security restrictions.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) SharePoint 2010 Administration
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - SharePoint 2010 Configuring
- Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
- SharePoint 2010 Administration Bootcamp
- SharePoint 2010 Branding
- Deploying SQL 2008 R2 for High Availability
- Deploying Host Intrusion Monitoring & Remediation w/ TripWire
AWARDS & RECOGNITION